Wednesday, May 6, 2009

lies!

this is a story of when i pretended i didn't speak english and it backfired on me:

some strange mongolian man snuck up on me while i was going home and wanted to 'practice his english.' so when he asked me "you speak english?" i looked at him and held up the "little bit" sign and lied. most times the guys don't really want to practice anything related to english, they want to do other things with you....if you know what i mean.


so i figured maybe this would be a clever, passive-aggressive way to shake him. not so much. he followed me almost all the way home (untill i said: go away!), asking at least three times for my number and looking deeply offended each time i refused to give it to him.


it's irritating when your lies backfire.

No comments:

Post a Comment