Sunday, December 20, 2009

англи хэл

last night while i baked cookies for 4 hours with my roommate - she asked me about returning to america (in march) and what i'm looking forward to the most.

that's always a difficult question for me to anwer because my response is always changing. sometimes i can't wait for convenience, sometimes i'd really love a clothes dryer, other times i'm excited for consistantly fresh air, most times i'm anxious to see my family, other times i long for easy communication.

this last one is a little tricky, though. for example, sometimes i really don't enjoy being able to understand other people's conversations in public places. most times, the english i overhear here just sounds...ugly. And the topics people tend to speak about drive me crazy. these instances delude my excitement.

maybe i've gotten used to either not understanding anything or understanding very little of the language around me that understanding everything in my own language is overwhelming. at any rate - the ability to overhear conversations has at least given me the opportunity to revise my own conversational verbage so i can avoid sounding more irritating than usual...

ps: english speakers, stop using the word "like" so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment